Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Into November





As we entered into November, I could be heard yesterday morning saying "isn't it hot?" to an elderly lady at the post office and that afternoon "it's rather chilly isn't it?" By that evening we were bundled in coats and scarves for a night wander around the community on the hill. We went for a really long walk because we had eaten way too much cake, brownies and chocolate fondue at Yuka's birthday party! Today is her birthday and national Culture Day in Japan so no one has classes. We explored the hill shrine this afternoon and discovered a cave behind it.
Otherwise, I've been doing homework and catching up on chores and emails etc. lately. I'm working on my application for Royal Roads University where I plan to study starting in July 2010 and graduate with a degree in Professional Communications in July 2011. I have also decided to go back to Ecuador for a month this winter! My sister is living there and my two best friends will be in South America then, so hopefully we can all meet up! I'm really excited to see my host families and friends there after more than 3 and a half years! Because it was affordable to get a multi-destination flight, I'm taking the opportunity to learn Portuguese in Brazil for 3 months! It will be my 5th language! I hope I don't get them all mixed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment