Lately I've enjoyed a couple sunny days here on the farm. On August 1st, 2 girls from Taiwan who are the same age as me and are also studying Japanese joined us. The afternoon they arrived, I trained them on the milking process (in Japanese as best I could). The next day I had a much needed day off and slept in until 7:30! It was a rainy day, so I didn't go anywhere except to show Shuu and Kaku which pasture to take the cows to. I got caught up on some things and started studying Japanese. My goal is one chapter a day (takes 2-3 hours) for the next 2 weeks, until I leave to Korea. That way I can finish the books and send them home.
Today, yesterday and the day before, we have been sharing the work and meal-making between the 3 of us which means I've had time to study. We continue to eat huge meals of delicious food! The other day we made raspberry frozen yogourt and butter, today it was buttermilk fudge ice cream.
Yesterday afternoon between work, Katsunori took us to a seaside hotsprings about 45 minutes from here. What a beautiful drive and a beautiful place. It was so relaxing and refreshing to sit in the various hot pools, the cold pool and the sauna. On the way back, we stopped in town to pick up some supplies, including safety goggles to guard against whipping tails and splashing substances while milking.
Well, I'd better attach some photos and then start prepping dinner as Maki and I are making gyoza tonight!
what a good place you're homestaying, Kim!!! That's awesome!!! Have a fun!!! I'm lookiing forward to seeing you on this September.
ReplyDelete