On my last day in Seoul, I met up with Alan (a past Selkirk student) and his girlfriend who studied in Philidelphia. They took me out to lunch at a nearby Korean restaurant where we had many seafood and tofu dishes, with noodles and rice - yet again delicious! It was good to see Alan and reminisc about all the fun we had at Selkirk. He is now teaching English to little kids and his girlfriend is a Korean teacher. They gave me a cool shirt with Korean on it. I made sure I asked what it said, it's from a famous Korean song about not giving up and just going for it - the sun will rise tomorrow.
Alan had to go to work, so I went for a walk to a historic park a few blocks away. It is actually the tomb for King Seongjong, Queen Jeonghyeonwanghu and King Jungjong who ruled in the late 1400s, early 1500s. The trees there are very beautiful and the tombs are pretty neat, with large stone carvings of civil and military officials and animals, etc.
In the evening, Christina's family took me out to an incredible dinner of various Korean dishes in Jeonju-style. On the way to the restaurant, Sam gave me a book for learning the Korean writing system :) and back at the house, Christina, Sue and Sarah also gave me gifts!! I am so spoilt here in Korea!
No comments:
Post a Comment