Oh my!!! I'm "home" and things have been a crazy rush lately between meeting all the new students, writing intense 8-hour long placement tests, having a cough and life in general... and it's just the beginning...
I got placed into the 401 class which is crazy!!! I was the lowest student in the 101 class last semester so it's a huge jump and it's going to be a challenge. Upon discovering that I got into such a high level, I am going to attempt the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam on December 6th. I really doubt that I will pass it, especially since only a third of the people who take it pass, but it's worth the try because it's valid for life if I do and if I don't, it's just good motivation for me to study really hard!! So I'm sorry if I don't write so many posts, send as many emails or letters over the next 3 months, but I really want to try my best!
Lately I have been walking up to the hill shrine every morning, rain or shine. Sometimes Jessica (from North Carolina who was born in Honduras) comes with me. The other day we visited Osho-sama at the temple. She served us tea and gave us a bunch of gifts to take home. And told us to come any time and bring a note book so that she could help us learn Japanese.
Ah! And lastly, I am going to take a Portuguese class... in Japanese!! Mah! It's a second semester course so I have a bit of catch up to do, but I actually understand the Portuguese more then I do the Japanese, lol. It's going to be so great!! I'll learn so much of both languages.
The pics here are of Jessica with her camera (she likes to take pictures, not have them taken of her), the welcome party and when Minase and Hanano came up from Osaka to visit me, Keisuke, Yui and Jun here in Nagoya.
No comments:
Post a Comment