On my last night in Seoul (Thursday), my friend from Daejeon called me to say that he had got the next day off and invited me to spend a day there before going to Daegu. After some tricky train ticket rearranging, I was able to change my ticket and spend 24 hours in Daejeon.
White`s friend had a house in the countryside so after going for lunch and buying some dinner ingredients at a fresh food market that reminded me of the ones in Ecuador, we drove out to the countryside. It was so beautiful! Korea is surprisingly mountainous.
That afternoon, we went to a type of park up a mountain where we could swim in the river!! I went in in my clothes, it was so refreshing! Then we just chilled beside the river...
Back at the house, after cold showers, we started preparations for dinner. White and his friend showed me how to make Korean-style BBQ pork which we ate with lettuce, miso sauce and kimchi.
Later they tried to teach me how to play a Korean card game using a set of beautiful cards that Sue gave me. It proved to be quite complicated, but I got the gist of it. Then we drove to a mountain from which we got a beautiful of the city night lights. It was quite chilly at night. I was totally amused by a set of flashing police car lights mounted on a post at the side of the road. I would later realize that it`s quite common in Korea... brilliant!
In the morning, they drove me back to the station so I could catch a train to Daegu. I had spent 24 truely fabulous hours in Daejeon during which I wasn`t allowed to pay for anything! Koreans are so welcoming, caring and generous.
No comments:
Post a Comment