Universities in Japan have huge festivals with club performances, activities and plenty of food stands. Ours was this weekend so the Japanese students had Thursday and Friday off to prepare for it. However the international students had tests both days and more on Monday! But we still pulled off an awesome trilingual production of the Lion King play.
I was one of the directors so the past month has been a little stressful trying to bring everything together. Alexis who was in charge of props and costumes took over my roll while Mom was here and continued to keep everyone on track until the day of the production. She did wonders with the costumes on a limited budget. The main material was cardboard from free boxes at from the local super store. Rosie handled the music and the 3 RAs did the script.
The night before the play, we found out we had got the stage wrong, so we had to throw all of our stage directions up in the air, but in the end it was all ok... actually it was all extremely entertaining. I was so proud of everyone! I played a giraffe and made the mask!! With Alexis' help of course! If you can, feel free to watch the full production which is now on YouTube. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/user/NagoyaGA.
The Suzukis came to enjoy the festival and watch the play. Katsutoshi took lots of photos for me (Thank you! I hope you were able to enjoy the play too!). Back at I-House, they gave me some sweets they had brought for everyone and onigiri (rice balls wrapped in seaweed) that looked like mini soccer balls!! Everyone thought they were so cute!!!
That evening I invited Alexis along to enjoy the waffles I made with Yuuko-san. We shared some of the ice wine she had ordered from Kasugai since she enjoyed the stuff we had the other night so much. We ate in my room with a refreshing autumn breeze coming in my balcony door.
I've decided that yesterday was a day for Gram because I played her favourite animal in one of her favourite plays, received yellow roses (from Yuuko-san), drank wine from the Okanagan valley and made waffles for Sunday night dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment