Yee... the little glees in life! In between the incredible amount of homework and vocabulary study this weekend, I managed to watch a movie and another episode of Gilmore Girls, during which I worked on getting better (slow but steady process) and sewing my pajama pants!
Now for those who don't the story of the PJ pants, it starts in the year 2000ish, in grade 8 or 9 sewing class when I first sewed the blue (now faded to white) happy face flannel PJ pants. I loved them to near death, in other words when they got a huge rip in the butt during my grad year. I was devastated because one of my favourite shirts had just ripped in several places... Then, ah ha! I realized it would make the perfect patch!
When I was living in Ecuador (2006), more holes appeared, which I patched up with my school uniform shirt, a Canadian flag, a Quebec flag... and since then I have gone travelling around the world, always bringing the pants with me and patching them whenever they rip.
Every patch has a story to it from my favourite pair of high school jeans to my sister's childhood pajamas to the shirt my Grandma got from her first cruise with my Grandpa. The most recent addition was sent from my friend, Bridget, from when she spent a month in Togo. And I just reinforced the waist band with Esha's old pajamas he gave me before leaving.
The holes are never-ending and the patches are even starting to need patches, so if you have a favourite little piece of material, save it for me or send it to me with its story and I'll add it to the pants!
My address here is: Kim Lipscombe (Room 207), NUFS International House, 37-39 Takenoyama, Iwasaki-cho, Nisshin-shi, Aichi-ken, 470-0131 JAPAN. I'm here until Dec.21st then home for Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment