Sunday, July 5, 2009

Karaoke and waffles




Ah, what a great Sunday!!
Mayu and her sister came from the other side of Nagoya to visit Esha and I in Nisshin. We first went to karaoke, along with Esha's girlfriend, Nozomi. It was my first karaoke experience in Japan and it was so much fun!! It was just $10 each for unlimited karaoke time and pop/ hot drinks. We sang our hearts out in English and Japanese in a little room for more than 3 hours! And we definitely could have kept going, but it was time to get home and make waffles.
At residence, we all had some of the soup I made yesterday (with the huge cabbage and other veggies that the shrine caretaker gave to me) and then Esha showed them around the university while I got things together to make waffles. They helped out making the waffles and both Mayu and Misato loved them! Unfortunately, Esha and I didn't realize that guests could only visit until 7:30pm on Sundays, so at 7:50pm they had to gobble down their second waffle and I walked them back to the bus stop. Ok, so somethings here are a little frustrating. But all in all, we had a wonderful time! Esha and I enjoyed the rest of the waffles together and now I must study for my vocab. test tomorrow as classes are back to normal this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment