Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sister City Presentation





When Toru and I got home from the theme park, Atsumi and a friend came over for afternoon tea and then we all went to city hall in the evening. Atsumi had asked me to make a presentation to the middle school students who were not able to go on the annual visit to Nelson because of the swine flu.
At the meeting, there were 9 students and some adults who are part of the sister city association. Even the mayor showed up to have a picture taken.
After an ice breaker of "Duck, Duck, Goose" the students introduced them selves and some even gave me little gifts! For the presentation about Nelson, I used the power point I had prepared for my Japanese course. I forgot my notes at the house, but this turned out to be a good thing I was able to present it all in Japanese and even add in a few extra facts.
The rest of the time the students asked me questions while we ate some Canadian style snacks (maple cookies, pretzles and chips) and I taught them an easy group card game.
Back at the house, Toru's wife had come home from work and prepared a type of sushi with sashimi that each person makes their own mini roll at the table. Mmm... simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment