Now I wouldn't usually use the expression "mountain climbing" unless it's a real trek that involves some scrambling - anything on a set trail is hiking. Well today, we went mountain climbing! We started up the creek behind the farm, scrambling up a steep slope and making our way through the trees and brush. The girls from Taiwan didn't have much experience hiking, so from the beginning they struggled a bit. Then we got to the bare ridge of loose rocks and I wondered if we were going to be able to go any further. But they kept it up at eventually we reached the peak of the little mountain where we enjoyed a splendid view of the valley and ate cookies.
Today is our last day on the farm as I am off to Asahikawa tomorrow morning to visit with Lizzie and the girls from Taiwan are going to their next WWOOF placement in Southern Hokkaido. It is my turn to make dinner tonight, so I am going to make pizza for everyone.
You could practice your rope rescue. You are probably forgetting your knots.
ReplyDeleteJim R