Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kyoto wanderings






While visiting my friends in Osaka, they took me to Kyoto! Random and fabulous!
It is definitely a beautiful city, especially the historic area with narrow shop-lined streets that wind up the hill towards the many ancient temples and shrines. Ayumi U, Ayumi T, and Miki Y showed me around and we even took a ride in a rickshaw!!!! AWESOME!!! One of the temples was dedicated
Hanano joined us later for lunch in the park - lunch boxes by Ayumi U's mom! Then we wandered along the more modern shopping streets. I discovered a fire fighter store there! Good times! Ayumi U's mom had given me a little money to buy myself a souvenir from Kyoto so I bought myself a set of chopsticks in a case that I can pack in my lunch box. Then we walked to a shop where they make miso paste... and miso ice cream!! It was... interesting... definitely refreshing on a hot day, but kind of salty!
From there we took the train back to Osaka and that night and the next I stayed at Ayumi T's house just north of Osaka. Her mom made us a beautiful dinner of sashimi!

1 comment:

  1. That top photo makes me dizzy, looks like fun though......Mom

    ReplyDelete