Today we had another Shadowing class, or "Singing class" as I like to call it! For the first half of class, we listen to a song, attempt to write down any words we hear, try it a again, share with and partner, look at the actual lyrics and... sing it!! Yay, so much fun! Today we sang a very beautiful song about someone leaving and remembering them under the cherry blossoms.
The first song we sang was the "Sukiyaki song", maybe you know it?? It was really popular in in North America during the 1960s. Actually, I have no idea why it is called the Sukiyaki song as Sukiyaki is a Japanese food, but the song has nothing to do with it. It is very beautiful and quite sad. The title in Japanese is "Ue o muite arukou" which means "I look up as I walk" and the song continues with "so the tears won't fall." Here is a link to a Youtube clip of it in case you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXQ31F1A-k
And here's a link to the lyrics (the English translation of the Japanese lyrics is at the bottom): http://www.stinalisa.com/Sukiyaki.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gracias por compartir la informacion del sitio donde escuchar el clip y encontrar la letra de la canción. Cariños desde Ecuador, Raul
ReplyDelete